Hello?? Are you still out there? I didn't forget about the few and the loyal...thanks mom...I've just been preoccupied. Yes, that mostly means mom stuff. I unknowingly volunteered to be my son's "Room Parent" at school. I thought, how much can be involved with helping to organize a few parties for a junior kindergarten class? My answer: you'd be surprised! It's only October and already I have been responsible for putting together a class roster (no one returns forms) a class basket to be auctioned off at a fundraiser (no one told me that it's more difficult to get things donated nowadays than it is to take a lollipop from my one year old) and most recently I have been planning and organizing a Halloween party for the class, to take place tomorrow (this includes 5 different kindergarten crafts which equals messy, wet and gooey). At approximately 11:30PDT, the world will hear a loud sigh of relief. Don't worry, it's just me.
Since my brain is on overload and I'm agitated enough as it is, I thought I would post a list of my pet peeves or annoyances. Call it whining, call it therapy, call it whatever you want. I've been awake since 4:30 this morning and I'm tired!
- I hate that I tend to be a flake at times (as evidenced on this blog during the last month)
- I hate that people always seem to drive slow when I'm running late.
- I hate that getting goose bumps after shaving completely ruins the desired effect.
- I hate that great songs give me goose bumps.
- I hate that my husband's cell phone "vibrates" non stop between the hours of 6:00pm and 10:00 pm and all day on weekends.
- I hate that my brain reads a $39.99 price tag as $30.
- I hate that 10 minutes after dinner, my kids tell me they're starving.
- I hate how fast dust collects.
- I hate the fact that I'm not even 30 yet and I already have a single hair growing out of my chin.
- I hate that I have to see my cute OBGYN at church.
- I hate that I can't definitively tell my children when dinosaurs were on this planet.
- I hate that I can eat four Hostess cupcakes in one sitting.
- I hate that sometimes I leave the laundry in the dryer too long and the whole thing is one big wrinkle.
- I hate that my husband doesn't want any more babies.
- I hate that my mom lives so far away.
- I hate that it's so hard for me to memorize scripture.
- I hate that I hate so many things. =)
I think that's enough for now. I'll do my best to post more regularly, but seriously mom, you can just call me! =)
Please share your annoyances too. Misery loves company.