Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Day One

Happy January to all! I can't believe we are in 2011 already! Technically today is day three but since it's the first day back to the daily grind of early school drop offs, homework, ballet practice, and all the other busyness that accompanies regular life when there is no vacation, I'm beginning my "counting" today.

I've been dreading this day since my kids began their Christmas vacation two weeks ago. Call me crazy, I like my kids with me. I'm always shocked to hear parents make comments like "when does school start again?" or "that vacation was way too long." I always scratch my head and think, "huh?" I don't get it. I really don't. Am I the odd one? Am I one of the few that realize that time is fleeting? Just the other day I was looking at a picture of my now five and a half year old son when he was only one and a half. And now that little man is sitting at the yellow table and I miss him like crazy. Where does the time go?

Which brings me to my other thought of "day one". New Years Resolutions. I normally don't make them. I'm not sure why...maybe because I'd rather say "I didn't have a resolution" instead of having to say "that only lasted two weeks." However, this year is different. This is the year of the big 3-0. And I have no more excuses, no more time to put things off.

Yes, yes, I have many goals for this year...keep a cleaner home, do more crafts with my kids, attempt to blog regularly, make a decision about homeschooling, eat healthier, enjoy the simple things in life, etc. BUT my resolutions are things that I have wanted to accomplish for a long time. First, my half marathon is in April and I have not even started training for it yet. I have some major work to do there! Second, I want to have my book complete by May! That's a big statement considering I haven't done much work on it in the last few months. My laptop has been broken if I'm allowed to submit excuses. However, since I have been unable to type out the actual words to my story, they have been sailing around in my head like crazy and I can't wait to get my computer back so I can get them down. Hopefully the progress is consistent from there.

What are your New Years Resolutions this year? Anything specific that you need/want to accomplish in 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!