Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Proverb to Ponder


"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17

My church is in the midst of a series on wisdom. We have been spending a lot of time in the book of Proverbs, which is where I got the idea for "A Proverb to Ponder" Saturdays.

This past Sunday we discussed the opposite of a wise person...a fool. Turns out there are three kinds of fools, none of which we want to be. But what I want to share with you today is how we can avoid being labeled a fool. (Thanks Pastor Jake for these great tips on becoming wise.)

Accept Criticism. Seek Input. Be a Lifelong Learner.

Obviously this advice applies to how we can grow to love and know more about Christ. But I found myself comparing it to the writing journey as well.

Iron sharpens iron. Who have you been rubbing up against to sharpen your faith? We need to be surrounded by those that long for Christ. Their longing and passion will naturally sharpen our own desire to know Him more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!