Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Feeling Refreshed

Happy Tuesday everyone!

First, I have to say CONGRATULATIONS to those that semi-finaled in the Genesis contest. The list of names was long and exciting!

Second, my name wasn't on that list. BUT, I was assigned to some wonderful (anonymous) judges that gave me oodles of comments to work with. It took me a minute to push my hurt feelings aside, but after reading everything for the hundredth time, I realized that each critique was spot on. I feel refreshed (if that's an appropriate feeling to have after losing a contest) and full of direction as I rework my story.

Thanks to those of you that judged the contest. I really appreciate the time you all spent reading our submissions and finding helpful ways to make them better. I'm sure it would have been much easier to simply give the scores but the detailed comments and suggestions are really where we learn...even when they hurt.

1 comment:

  1. I was thrilled to see several of my writer friends' names on the list of Genesis semi-finalists and to share in their celebrations. However, I know there are many who didn't receive a call Friday, and I feel for each one of those brave souls who, like you, sent their work "out there" and met with disappointment. I'm glad you received such helpful feedback, though, Lacie.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!