Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May Wrap-Up

I've been dreading this day. The last day of May. The day of accountability. A day of reckoning.

But no matter how I attempt to stall the passing of time...I just can't do it. (I've noticed I blog a lot about time passing. Hmm...) If I thought I'd make any sort of wonderful progress in the next day or two, I'd put off this admission of my shortcomings. However, the next few days are packed full of t-ball trophies and ballet recitals so I have no time to fluff my true results. No cheating allowed.

So, here's how I did on my May goals:

I wanted to add 30,000 words to my novel. I barely hit half that. Ouch!

I wanted to create a spreadsheet to track my daily word counts. Thanks to the help of my husband, I now have a very cool spreadsheet that automatically calculates weekly and monthly totals. He even added a countdown until September's conference and somehow created the "average" words I need to add per day to stay on track. It's very cool.

I wanted to research agents and editors to meet with at conference. I did that.

I wanted to actually register for conference. I did that!

I wanted to plan my son's birthday party. I did that. Iron Man will be appearing on June 11th.

I wanted to finish reading four books that have been sitting on my nightstand. I did that. (And found something else I need to dust.)

I wanted to dust all the baseboards in my house. Not quite. I did get some of them done but not all...what a boring and back breaking task. No fun. No fun at all. But it needs to be done so I'll push that goal into June.

All in all, I'd say I did okay except for actually sitting to write. That will forever be a struggle for me. That and stopping time. :)

Hope you enjoyed your Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!