Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lessons From A Vegetable


My kids have been in a Veggie Tales movie-mood lately. It seems like every time they get to pick a movie, the Veggies get selected.

Not that I mind. The songs are catchy, the jokes are funny and the stories are spot on. And if all else fails, I can snooze for a good thirty minutes and know they won't move.

The two most selected Veggie movies in our household are Abe and the Amazing Promise and Josh and the Big Wall. Both great, fun movies.

The other day, I found myself completely engaged in these stories myself, when it occurred to me that God's word is living. It's active. It's always applicable. And there can always be something new to learn (or to be reminded of) at any age. His word speaks to the heart no matter how many times you've heard it before.

I love that!

So for fun...here are the two simple lessons I learned (re-learned) from Bob and Larry.

- God's way is the best way. Even if you don't understand God's directions in your life, don't worry. He's there. And He is faithful.

- God's timing is perfect. Sometimes it's hard to wait. Don't I know it! Patience is not a gift of mine. BUT God sees the big picture that we can't see. He knows when the timing is right for you.

Do the simple messages of the Bible ever seem new and exciting to you? What Bible lesson are you happy to learn over and over again?

4 comments:

  1. A perfect word for my ears today, Lacie.
    "God's timing is perfect. Sometimes it's hard to wait. Don't I know it! Patience is not a gift of mine. BUT God sees the big picture that we can't see. He knows when the timing is right for you."

    Also one I find myself still humming (we're long out of Veggie Tales stage here) is...God is bigger than the boogie man.." I love it. We have nothing to fear.

    What a blessing you are to me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, I'm so glad that my clumsy words were able to speak to you. God is good! And I love the boogie man song too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacie, my kids are almost grown and they still love Veggie Tales. Good humor and truth that applies no matter what your age...those never go out of style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son is on a big Veggie Tales kick, too. Every time we get in the van, he begs to listen to his Veggie Tales music. I think "God's Way Is the Best Way" is a song on it.

    Sometimes I'm tempted to overrule him, but then I think of the times I hear him singing around the house...It's hard to keep him from singing, "I've got the joy, joy, joy down in my heart", y'know? :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!