Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Sister's Wisdom

A few weeks ago, I was whining to my sister about some mundane job in my life. Probably laundry. I whine a lot about laundry! (That's my beautiful sister Nicole and my niece Ashley in the picture.)

Sometimes when I want to whine, it's nice to have someone to commiserate with me. You know, to agree with me that yes, in fact, doing laundry (or whatever else it may be) stinks...Ha!...sometimes literally! :) (I'm cracking myself up over here.)

But on this particular day, my older, apparently wiser sister, didn't acknowledge and understand my gripe like I was hoping she would. She basically said knock it off (the complaining) and do it (the laundry) with a happy heart.

Well, I don't really like to be told what to do very much. In fact, if I can, I'll probably find some valid reason to do the exact opposite of what someone tells me to do in the first place. But in this instance...she was right.

And it didn't hurt that she reminded me of the new Steven Curtis Chapman song Do Everything. So now, every time I hear that song, I'm reminded of how I can do even the most grueling, boring, unimportant tasks with extra fervor and umph because I'm really doing it to glorify my God.

Wonderful lesson, right?

One problem though. now when I hear that song, I also think of how my sister was right. And sometimes that's as stinky as the laundry!



Smile, we're doing it all for HIM! Happy Thursday!




3 comments:

  1. Great post, great song! I also dislike laundry, the folding and putting it away part anyway.

    Thanks for stepping on my toes, today. For a second, I didn't like you, though. ;)

    I also hate it when my big sis is right, it's practically never, but even so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I greatly appreciate all your hard work with our laundry! My appreciation often goes "unsaid" but never unnoticed!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The comment from Chris is so sweet. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!