Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

God, Community and Jessica R. Patch

Today I'm honored to allow the beautiful and talented Jessica R. Patch to have her way with my blog and introduce us all to her new Facebook group, Living by Grace. A kinder soul simply doesn't exist! If you haven't already checked out her page, by all means, do it!

Here's Jess...


Living by Grace...Together

What does living by grace mean to you? For me, it means walking each day knowing I am weak, but He is strong. I get tired, He never does. I stumble, He holds me up. I make mistakes, He’s perfect.

So many things pour into me every day. Responsibilities of being a wife, mother, employee, a writer, a woman (if you’re a woman you know what I’m saying). I wear many hats. I love each one. I love each responsibility, but they can all wear me out.

I need my thirsty soul, quenched. I need to be saturated with His love, with the washing of the water of His Word. I can’t be good at any of the things above, if I don’t first fill myself up with Him.

Can anyone relate?

And because I’m a woman, I like to share. Women love to share, don’t they? My husband is amazed at some of the things I’m willing to divulge to my girlfriends. I love it when a bunch of us get together and talk about life and most importantly the foundation of life.

Jesus Christ.

It renews me, encourages me, revs me up, and gives me hope. We bond through friendship and faith. We care for each other, pray for each other, laugh together. It’s a wonderful experience, especially when coffee and chocolate are involved!

“…A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:12

Doesn’t this sense of belonging, renewal, and friendship sound wonderful? Wish you could have it on a daily basis?

You can.

I’m honored to be partnering with some incredible women of faith who want to live by grace, together. We want a sense of community and camaraderie with other women. On September 12th, we’ll be launching a devotional facebook community. Living By Grace. We want to invite you to come by and let your souls be quenched, your minds and hearts challenged. Each day an amazing woman will bring the word through a devotional and feel free to mingle, chat, ask questions, and just have a good time.

We’re building bonds of sisterhood through faith and facebook! Come and join us.

Contributing Writers: Jennifer Slattery, Joanne Sher, Patty Wysong, Lynda Schultz, Maria Morgan, and yours truly.

If you haven't already, you can connect with Jessica through her blog or through the Living by Grace community. I highly recommend it!

Have you already joined Jessica's new group? Or are you on your way to do so right now? :)

***The winner of The Doctor's Lady by Jody Hedlund is Kendra! Congratulations and enjoy the great read!***

1 comment:

  1. Ok, you're too nice to me! But...I'll take it! Thanks for letting me have my way with your blog! :)

    I. Heart. Lacie!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!