Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sweet Winners! And a Review!

Last Tuesday I shared my mediocre cookie decorating skills and the sweet romance, A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado by my friend, Keli Gwyn.
First of all, I want to say thank you for all the overly-kind comments about my lackluster abilities. By the end of the day, I had a pretty big head...which was quickly popped after viewing a real cookie site: SweetSugarBelle. Amazing! 

I'm excited to share my review of A Bride Opens Shop...and to drag out the suspense on who won the book and my cookies! :)

The Review:

If you like reading historicals, you're sure to love Keli's book. She has crafted a winner for sure! Her voice is light and full of rhythm, charm and spunk. I don't think I've ever read as many detailed historical tid-bits sprinkled throughout a book as I did in this one. The research she had to do is staggering! Everything was masterfully woven together to create a beautiful love story of two headstrong individuals...plus one firecracker of a little girl.

You can be sure you won't stumble upon any cliches between these covers, since Keli's creativity knows no limits. Her words and phrasing are fresh and fun. It was a pleasure to lose myself in El Dorado every day and I can't wait for Keli's next book...I know there will be many!

*****

If you can't tell, I recommend this book! Go get it! :)

And now...drum roll please...

The winner of Keli's delightful book and a dozen delicious cookies is...

LINDA! 
(Linda, please email me at lacie0430(at)comcast(dot)net with your address and I'll bake up a batch and have your prizes to you lickety-split.)

And because I'm a sucker for sweets, friends, and comments...and I'll be baking anyways...if you WANT one of my cookies to enjoy while reading this story (or any other for that matter) let me know in the comments (along with an email address) and I'll contact you to arrange delivery. 

Happy Reading! 

Talk to me: When you read, do you snack too? If so, what is your go-to goodie? If not...why not!!? :) And for fun...if you know Keli Gwyn...what do you LOVE about her?? Let's see if we can make her blush! 

8 comments:

  1. I try not to snack while I read because I can consume a ridiculous amount of food while lost in a fictional world...but if I were going to snack, trail mix is good. :)

    What do I love about Keli? Her exuberance, her genuine love for others, the adorable way she can cry happy tears in a FLASH, and the unstinting friendship she offers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All true...your observations about Keli! Personally not a fan of trail mix though. I prefer sweet over salty. :)

      Delete
    2. Erica, you made me go all misty-eyed with your kind words. Love you!!!

      I know you couldn't fly across the country to be at my launch party this past Sunday, but your Bride book was there, and people loved seeing it.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for picking me! I can't wait to read this book and maybe share the cookies with the family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! I'm excited to get the book in the mail to you! You'll love it!! And the cookies too, I hope. :)

      Delete
    2. Congratulations on winning, Linda! The cookies are sweet, but Lacie is sweeter by far. =)

      Delete
  3. Hi Lacie, I've tried emailing you but it's getting bounced back. Can you email me at mike83linda at gmail dot com and I can send you my address back? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lacie, your kindness knows no bounds! I can't thank you enough for all you've done. First you bake those adorable cookies. Next you help me plan for my launch party. Then you show up with several family members and do a super job running the ice cream buffet. And now you write a wonderful review. WOW!!! I'm so blessed by you.

    Can't wait to see you at the Inspire conference this weekend. You've got a HUGE hug coming, so brace yourself.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!