Tuesday, September 4, 2012
10 Reasons to Look Forward to Fall
10. We can finally pull out our cute and comfy sweaters, scarves, leggings, and boots. Sometimes there's nothing better than being bundled up!
9. Fall brings football season, football food and (if you're like me) football naps. (Some of my best Sunday afternoon naps are while my honey is watching the game with the kids!)
8. Okay, I have to say it...this Fall also brings the final Twilight movie. Whether or not you like this particular movie franchise, you have to admit, Vampires have absolutely, flawlessly perfect skin. I want to be a vampire. Yup, I do.
7. My family's annual chili competition happens in October and it's one of the silliest ways we invented to stuff ourselves full of spicy, delicious food and enjoy the people we love the most. Oh, and the winner takes the pot! With each of us paying $5 per entry, it's a good way to make an easy $50 or $60 bucks. :)
6. Crisp nights with windows open cause for extra cuddling and thick stacks of blankets on the beds. Longer goodnights with the kids to make sure they're tucked in just right adds fun and special moments at bedtime.
5. We can take advantage of cooler (but not too cool) temperatures and catch a break on the electricity bill before winter lows have us cranking it back up. (When I asked my husband his favorite thing about fall, this is the answer he gave...right behind football season! :) )
4. Don't judge me...but fall also brings our family's first foray into Christmas music for the year. Not every day is peppered with Christmas carols, but we definitely get a little Alvin and the Chipmunks playing right around Halloween. :)
3. Crackling fireplaces, fleece blankets and piles of books. Do I need to say anything else?
2. Family outings for apple and pumpkin picking. Lots of yummy baking and smells wafting around to make your mouth water!
1. The first day of Fall is Saturday, September 22. And that date just happens to be my big reveal date for all of the winners of THE BRIGHT SIDE BOOK BASH! (Check in here this Thursday, the 6th, for more details, prizes, and what it's all about!!! If you like books and free goodies, you won't want to miss it!)
Tell me: What is your favorite thing about Fall?