Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Husband Project - Day 2

 Well, I don't know about all of you, but day 1 of Kathi Lipp's Husband Project has created a very happy home for the Nezbeth's. I hope your day 1's were just as successful!

Yesterday's assignment of giving our guys some transition time couldn't have worked out better for me...and I'm assuming my hubby liked it too. :) All day long I was trying to think about what would please him most. Time by himself? Time with the kids?

But I also know that he loves to come home to the smell of dinner being made, happy kids playing nicely, and a relatively clean home. A game on in the background is the cherry on top.

Check.
Check.
Check.
And thanks to Monday night football, check!

For added measure...and because it just plain made me laugh...I have to share a few of his quotes throughout the evening.

"What's going on?"
"What did you buy?"
"Wow! What a night!"

Last nights results have me eager to move on to day 2! So here's our homework for today!

Project #2

Back in the Day

Do Something He Enjoyed Before You Got Married

“Lust is easy.  Love is hard.  Like is most important.”  ~ Carl Reiner

Your Project:

Initiate an activity that your husband used to love. Whether it’s his favorite hobby, sport, or pastime, it’s time for you to get involved – be his buddy today.

Getting Creative

Many a man’s hobby has gone by the wayside due to matrimony. Is it possible that it’s time you learned to golf or fly fish? Don’t try to beat him, just join him.

Possibly the only thing your husband would enjoy more than playing chess with you is teaching you how to play chess.  Ask for a lesson so he can teach you something that he is an expert at (or really loves). Just your willingness to learn will be a huge boost to your guy.

Pick up a magazine about your guy’s now dormant hobby. Ask him questions about why he loves it so much. Learn a couple of technical terms so that you are better able to discuss it.

Do a little research. Find out what the definitive website is on your husband’s favorite subject. Maybe there’s an event in town, a lecture to attend, or a game to watch.

Share with me: How'd your day 1 homework go? Does anything jump to the forefront of your mind after reading today's task? What are your guys hobbies? 

Good luck and have fun!!! :)

12 comments:

  1. Let's see Day 1 went a little like this: "Jess, what do you want me to cook?" I said, "Nothing. I"m fine." He made pancakes. But before any of that, he walked in the door went straight to our son and held his head while he vomited...again. Then he ran me a bath and told me to soak and made an ice pak for me when I got out.

    Yeah, Myles has a stomach bug and I'm down in my back again. Sigh. And today he's out of town. Not exactly my plan. LOL But I'll get him when he gets home. ;)

    Congrats on such an awesome job, Lace! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, poor Myles! Hope he feels better...and you too! But hey, you got a hot soak out of it! :)

      Delete
  2. What did you buy? Hehe. That one made me laugh.

    So, yesterday was a bit crazy since I had a friend in town, BUT I did manage to cook a good dinner and he loved it. When he got home, I made sure to give him a kiss and ask how his day was. Then he went upstairs and I told him I'd let him know when dinner was ready.

    So while it wasn't perfect, at least it was something!

    Tonight's another weird night. My husband has a short Bible study he's going to, so won't be home until late. But we used to watch a show together that we don't anymore (and he's always asking me to watch it...), so maybe I'll ask him if he wants to watch an episode on his iPad tonight...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really bad about adjusting to plan B if something unexpected or out of the usual happens. Sounds like you did awesome! :)

      Delete
  3. "What did you buy?" LOL! That cracked me up!

    Our evening went smashingly. :) Kept the tv off until time for Castle (Which my husband watches with me.) Talked, kept things relaxed. It was very nice.

    My husband didn't really have any hobbies when we got married. We were pretty young, and college and work took pretty much all of our time. But now he's into photography. I think I'll maybe pick up a photography magazine for him. Though I don't know if I'll get into town today. Maybe Wednesday. I'll check back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad your evening went well. Sounds very calm and fun! :)

      Delete
  4. ROFL! Love his responses.

    We were out and about yesterday afternoon, running errands. So when we got home, I let him unwind a bit before I retreated to my writing cave (i.e. kitchen table). I guess he enjoyed it, he wasn't too cranky. lol...

    My husband is a gamer, so I guess I can let up on the writing tonight to maybe play a video game with him. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..."he wasn't too cranky..." That's my measuring stick too. Love it! :) Ooh, playing a game with your hubby sounds fun! Enjoy! :)

      Delete
  5. First night. I cooked. I cleaned. I hugged and kissed him when he walked through the door... but very quietly, because he was on the phone with his sister whose "emergency" couldn't wait. An hour later, the best I could do was not pout when he got off the phone and interrupted my writing to tell me he was ready for the dinner that was now congealing on the stove-top.

    Sigh. He was very grateful for the meal - and it was good, too, even warmed up. I didn't pout - so that was good, too! We had a nice talk about our own projects, then we had to deal with the sister stuff.

    Here's the deal. Just because I plan a special night, doesn't mean the rest of the world (or family) is going to go along with those plans. Sometimes the best I can give him is a great big pile of grace... knowing that he'll do the same for me.

    His sisters call him because he's a champion. And the fact that he's a champion makes trying Night 1 again (and again, and again, if necessary) worth it. But tonight, I'll move on to #2 with you!

    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your evening went so well, Lacie. I managed not to talk Gwynly's ears off, and I think he appreciated that. =)

    My guy has lots of interests. When we were dating, I used to call him my Renaissance Man. I try to share some of them. I go to his car club meeting with him and join him on walks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hubby got to go golfing on day 2. I'd say he's doing pretty well. Loving this, Lacie. Such a great idea. Always good to keep out men happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't get to read this post yesterday, but Hubs and I ended up watching some TV together yesterday evening, which we haven't done in awhile because I haven't felt well in the evenings. He was thrilled. I'm so glad our activity happened to work out with this post! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts too!